Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bonjour from Paris!



We have been in Paris now for one week and almost have everything in place. We just got our internet today! We like our place and our landlord Emmanuelle and her family who just live across the hall from us. I may be taking her daughter to dance class each week as well as watching over her baby every now and then. We have been very busy since we got here getting acclamated with the area and our local markets as well as buying cell phones, getting bank accounts and Chris registering at the ENS. Here are some pictures from our week. One of the first things we did was get me an annual pass to the Louvre!





Here is Chris at the Louvre (just a few blocks from our place!):


We had a picnic one evening at the Jardin du Carrousel in front of the Louvre:
And here are a few pictures we took on our way to the 5th Arrondissement to find Chris's school, the ENS:

I bought Marilynne Robinson's book Home which I am almost done with at the
Shakespeare & Co.

Here I am just a few blocks from Chris's school in front of the Pantheon -
We are excited to be here but know that it will definitely have it's challenges! I'll keep you posted on our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment