When I was seventeen, my sister and I made a promise at the Paris Opera House. We were unable to see the ceiling which our favorite artist, Marc Chagall, had painted because of renovations. We promised to come back one day, with our husbands, to see the ceiling and go to an opera there! Well, the promise has yet to happen ... My sister and her husband weren't able to be here in Paris and Chris and I couldn't afford to go to the opera ... BUT I did get to see the ceiling! So, today was kind of a big day. I just had to wait twelve years! Here are the pictures. They don't really do justice to how vibrant the ceiling is so be sure to at least click on the pictures of the ceiling so that you can see a bit more how beautiful it is.
The entrance
The grand staircase
The ceiling!
The Magic Flute
The exterior of the Paris Opera House
Chagall's signiture
So beautiful, M! What an incredible experience!
ReplyDelete